Thursday 18 October 2012

Everyone had a good day because I was gone

"One day I was sick and everyone else had a good day because I was gone"

Those are the words a 9 year old boy said to me yesterday. My heart broke for him. I immediately thought of him as a teenager thinking the same thing. A teenager thinking everyone would be happier if I was dead. Then I got angry at the devil. I heard that seed planted in that little boys ear and thought how dare you!

So I acted, carefully. As a supply teacher in the public board I need to be very careful how things are worded. So I thought and spoke -

"You are not a bad kid but you did behave badly"

"I'm not?"

"(Child's name) you have a purpose. A reason why you were born."

"Really?" He asked looking up at me

"There is a job you need to do in your life that only you can do. You never know when or where but one day it will happen"

"I'm supposed to go to school so I can make lots if money and be rich"

"No you go to school so you can learn everything you need to know so one day you can help someone. One day someone will need your help and you need to be ready. When you act how you did today you make it so you can't do the reason why you were born and so it is harder for other people to do the reason they were born"

"Oh, ok, I'm sorry" and out he went for recess as I prayed one day when that voice whispered in his ear again that mine would be louder.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Carly. It has made me excited about returning to my purpose on Earth outside of my home...to be a voice louder than evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you brought tears to my eyes. I hope that one day your words are the ones he hears ringing in his ears. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete