Tuesday 18 September 2012

Guard the Night


Sometimes we grow tired. The life that we think we should have gets in our way and slows us down. Sometimes we fall "asleep at the wheel" and our life seems to go by on auto-pilot. I've often wondered when we live our life like this what God is thinking and to be honest we can't really be sure. I do know that God has often preserved the lives of those who have not yet realized His plan for their lives so that when they "wake up" He can work through them and do amazing things. In our darkest hours when we have lost all hope and sight of Him, God is still there whether we acknowledge it or not. My hope and prayer is that we "wake up" to His plan before it is too late. That is my inspiration for this:

Guard the Night
 
I see you slowing down
Your legs are getting weak
Your words have fallen quiet
Your lips no longer speak
If you cannot go on
Then stop and rest a bit
But don’t forget to wake
When the sunrise hits
 
Close your tired eyes; lay down your weary head
And I will guard the night
 
I see you’re wavering
Your heart no longer seeks
Your fire has grown cold
Your path is looking bleak
Oh, listen to my voice
I want to help you through
But if you push me out
There’s nothing I can do
 
Close your tired eyes; lay down your weary head
And I will guard the night

Here comes daybreak
Here comes sunrise
Oh, Wake my child
Rise up my Child
 
Open up your eyes; shake your groggy head
The day and hour has come
The moon has turned blood red
Time is growing short
You must keep pressing on
And I will guide with light
 
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment